Dodge Stratus a/c fan is going -- again!

I have a 2004 Dodge Stratus which has an ongoing problem with the fan. I’ve now had it repaired twice, it’s going again, and I’m wondering if there is some problem with the fan that I should be taking to Dodge to have them fix on their dime.

The fan has a switch that sets to 1, 2, 3 or 4. The first time the fan went out, I’d had the car about a year, and it stopped working at 4 – the shop replaced the switch. It was fine for about six months, then the bottom three settings went out, and we replaced the switch again. Also, another part, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

Another few months, and 4 went out, then 3 last week. This time, though, I noticed a rubbery burning smell right before 3 died, and I think I’ve smelled that a few times before the other repairs (it’s hard to tell sometimes, I drive through so much road construction with trucks burning oil and tires to pull out that I can’t always tell if the smell is from my car or the trucks).

Is this a common problem, one I should be telling Dodge to fix? Or is it just normal and I should just go back to the repair shop again? I made the mistake of letting GM get away with charging me for repairs they really should have been fixing for free, and I don’t want to make that same mistake with Dodge!

Thanks.