Dodge Dakota process of battery replacement

Hello,

My battery terminal was loose and I tightened it back. But now when I start my truck it just barely turns over and shuts right back off. It stays running if I press on the gas but when I let go it shuts off.

I recall this issue in the past and I think in order for the truck computer to relearn there was a process after replacing the battery.

Something like with the positive side off press the gas to the floor for 30 seconds and release then reconnect?

Does anyone know about this. I can’t find the spot I found it but it worked last time. I know it was a few steps but I can remember or find the site I saw this info that helped me last time.

Is it in the owners manual?

A good place for Chrysler questions is allpar.com. There are several
forums there and surely one or more for your Dakota. Good luck!

Low battery voltage will cause the idle air control motor to go out of calibration. There is no special procedure for relearn, with a good battery installed, if it won’t idle just hold the accelerator pedal @ 800 RPMs for 15 seconds and slowly release the pedal.

Oops, now we are going to a different message board for this discussion.

I have no power or intention to send this discussion elsewhere.

Reminds me of the local radio program that used to have “ask the lawyer”. Every time someone called in with a question, the answer was always see a lawyer. It only lasted for about 6 months and people figured they might as well cut out the middle man.