Dodge Challenger performance options

dodge
challenger

Mine and my boyfriend’s anniversary is coming up and he’s a total car junkie. He loves racing and is working on his car all the time, he’s constantly doing stuff to “improve it.” Anyway, he wants a 2016 Dodge Challenger sxt rwd plus and I want to surprise him with one but I want to get all the high performance speed stuff added to it as well. I don’t know anything about cars and I was hoping you guys could help me figure out what the best modifications or additions would be to make to it so he could race it and stuff. Thank you!

This is a terrible idea. First you might choose a color he does not like or not have the options he wants. Also adding speed equipment will void any warranty that is left. Also you will spend a lot of money for performance that might not be much better than the vehicle already has.

The Challenger SXT comes with a six cylinder engine, if he is interested in performance he should consider the Challenger R/T.

It would be better if you gave him the $40,000 and let him choose the car.

Buy him a Challenger Hellcat. That way there won’t be any need for modifications unless the go-fast desire exceeds that…

Just my 2 cents, but I agree with Volvo_V70. It’s also a terrible idea for someone to spend this much money on someone they’re not even married to; even omitting color and options packages from the discussion.
Things can be fine one month; not so much the next.

If you have a lot of money, this could be a fun present for him. Most of us don’t have that kind of money, and will advise you not to do it. If you can pile $50,000 up, set it on fire, and not miss it, keep looking for a Challenger. I’d guess he probably wants the R/T, too.