Do car dealerships replace front tires before selling car they bought from you

That is one of the reasons we sold our 2014 Nissan Frontier to Carmax. They gave a fair price and we did not have to meet some weirdo some place.

I have a buddy trying to sell a car. It books at like $8000 but he is dealing with so many nuts that he is considering the $3000 Carmax cash offer. I donā€™t blame him. I was trying to sell some repairable riding mowers for $100 and got some of the biggest nutcases calling me. They sure looked good as I pushed them off the back of my truck into a pile of junk at the scrapyard. It was certainly a lot less stress than dealing with the idiots who were calling and wanting to make payments on them or wanting me to fix them before they bought them for $100.

I didnā€™t realize the papers had gotten this bad. Facebook Marketplace is sure the bottom of the barrel though. I saw some no name Wal-Mart TV for sale there not long ago. The ad read something like ā€œ32 inch TV for sale - Good TV but takes several tries for it to turn on and there are lines in the screen.ā€ I found that same 32 inch TV for sale at Wal-Mart brand new for $89. Do people actually buy this crap? I have recently got into kayaking so view the classifieds for those in case a deal comes up. NOPE! That $150 kayak from Wal-Mart is suddenly worth $800 on Facebook. You can get an enthusiast grade kayak for that money, not just an entry level one.

The other problem with FB marketplace is that it seems people there cannot read and write. I had one after another ask me questions that were clearly answered in the ads. I also had that I only wanted calls only to avoid the time wasters and scammers. Someone actually asked me how I expected people to contact me if I only accepted phone callsā€¦ These people are sitting at home with nothing better to do than cause drama while waiting for their government checks to arrive. I would rather not deal with them.

No offense meant, but you sound young and inexperienced in the ways of the world. Take this experience as a lesson and move on. Several things I wondered aboutā€¦
-Why would you spend so much money on repairs and then turn around and sell the car? Why did a 4 year old car need so much work? Or did you mean a 2004 model and not 2014?
-NEVER trust a car dealership to work in your favor when it comes to business negotiations! They are in business to make money and that is what they do best!
-Dealers are a private business, once you sign the contract to sell, they can do what they want with the car and ask whatever price they want.
-Always take your time researching before entering negotiations. That includes having expensive repairs done and negotiating sales/tradein/selling.

• Case in point - I just bought a new car after months of looking and reading about models I was interested in. I got a good price, the dealer still made money - itā€™s their business. They arenā€™t going to lose money on a brand new car. I cleaned up my 11 year old Toyota, had the outside detailed for under $200 (physically unable to do it myself). I knew what several sources said it was worth, what trade in prices being offered were, private sales, etc. Put it on Craigā€™s List, sold in less than a week to second person, got my asking price. Happy buyer, happy seller!

@Wisco50 I know there are 40 plus posts here so you may have missed the part about the OP has their vehicle back and is going to sell it their self. I have a feeling that the OP has left the building.

Volvo,
Glad to hear the OP accomplished a bit of what they hoped for!