Do all the motor trade do it

“One would think that even Peugeot would install a clutch safety switch…”

Maybe Peugeot started installing clutch safety switches between 1998 an 2010. poscablue may have an older one. I don’t remember seeing a build year listed.

plate 53 = registered between Sept 03 and Feb 04

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6738&start=0

So, one would assume it’s either an 03 or 04 model, depending on how soon they bring new model year vehicles out over in the UK.

"I’ve frequently wondered if it is just a matter of saving money or if you can actually do harm in these economy cars by starting them in neutral without pressing the clutch. Is there a difference, on a hypothetical car without a clutch safety switch :wink: between starting it in neutral without pressing the clutch, and starting it in neutral with the clutch pressed? "

The only difference would be that with the clutch engaged (NOT depressed) the starter motor would also be turning the clutch disk, the transmission input shaft and the transmission countershaft, along with a few bearings. Since nothing in the transmission is engaged the difference is neglible.

If you want to create a dangerous situation just put it in neutral and use the parking brake. If a car hits the parked vehicle, it will roll a long way. Drum brakes won’t hold most of the time when the car is pushed backward. Kids could do some funny things to a parked car if it isn’t in gear.

“I deleted the posts (or portions of posts) that a) engaged in the namecalling/attacking/whatever you want to call it, b) referred to the namecalling, or c) called for the deletion of those posts.”

Let the record show that none of those were mine.

Duly noted.