Disappointed car search

Regarding the merits and demerits of a used Porsche Boxster , in the current issue of the magazine “Practical Classics” (September issue, page 90) there’s an excellent article on this very topic. The editors feel the 2001-2005 Porsche Boxster will likely become highly sought after classics at some point.

The summary of their advice goes: Choose the smaller 2.5 L engine, and the 5 speed manual. Avoid the 6 speed. That combo, 2.5 L engine w/5 speed manual, yields better reliability than other configurations and produces 29 mpg fuel economy and an under 7 second 0-60 mph acceleration time. There’s other excellent advice w/regard to the soft top, battery problems, intermediate shaft problems, clutch wear, cost of routine maintenance, and how often it needs to be done.

By the way I grew up with my dad's 1977 monte carlo so style is really important! Sad they don't make cars as cool looking as that anymore :) Yes there are some millennials who enjoy style!

I find the 77 Monte rather bland and boring looking. And things like safety and regulations play a big role in them “not making them like they used to”.

You might look into a Mazda 6 if you’re thinking about the Fusion

get a 1971 monte carlo ss