Did I do a no no?

Would you have accepted a simple NO? Cozy up with bobtheoilguy. Perhaps you should pose the question “Why do Miatas have noisy lifters”?
These oil and what to do after winter storage questions will bring out opinions. You are right about the pull the plugs, disable injectors idea. The guys got the idea you were lets say “anal” about your car so that’s why the responses were a little off the deep end.

ULIV1CE,
Why insult the people who responded to your question? You behave grievously. You owe everyone a sincere apology.

Hellokit

Well I wouldn’t do any of the crap I read about on here. I think you worry too much about nothing!!.

22 replies is still pretty amazing…

No, Stargate and sports.

Not trying to be funny here but is there any reason why you or someone just cant start up the engine once a week or every other week and let it run to operating temperature?? Is there any way to avoid letting it sit all winter?

transman

ULIV1CE…no offense meant (if you are still here). The thread has shifted to engine storage: Here something to think about: Lycoming recommendations http://www.lycoming.textron.com/support/publications/service-letters/pdfs/SL180B.pdf

Now I know aircraft engine are not the same animal gas car engines…

I’m almost sorry I asked a question on lifters here. All the nuts came out.

I take considerable exception to that line. I read the entire thread, and EVERYONE here gave you good, solid advise.

And third, nobody should pull the plugs, disable the injectors and turn the engine for five minutes. I’m no mechanic, but nobody do this.

Yes, you are no mechanic. This has been a practice by many mechanics, professional and shadetree, for [i]YEARS[/i]. We know what to worry about and where the wear happens. We see it all the time on the cars we work on.

I’m out of here.

Good riddance.
Just for the record, for fresh rebuilds, I recommend external pressurizing of the oil. Some motors, you can use a drill and a special rod to turn the oil pump the prime it and the rest of the oiling system. I have a special rig using shop air and a specially designed system to force oil through the engine at a port, like the oil pressure sender line to pre-lube the engine.

However, if the engine is in the car and stored for a while, I will take the plugs out, squirt oil into the cylinders, turn the engine over for a few minutes with no compression to run oil from the oil pump, reinstall the plugs, then fire it up with no problems.

Oil changes every 1000 miles? Double changes? With all due respect, this doesn’t sound environmentally healthy.