Dealer did not disclose Totaled Car and Compression Brake Fittings

I was actually going to try to dig into his past and his financial history. But that will be hard for me.

You can’t…You need to court to do it for you. You don’t need a lot of money to take him to court. I still think your best bet is to take him to court.

Do you mean that I take him to small claims court or continue on to Court with the Investigator from Motor Vehicle. Small claims is quicker. Either way he’s going to court with Motor Vehicle.

Court with the Motor Vehicle is in “Criminal Court”. You need to take him to Civil Court.

Has this Dealer been served papers or been arrested? What charges have Motor Vehicles suggested that the District Attorney charge the Dealer with? Or is Motor Vehicles planning to give this guy only a administrative hearing?

Again you contradict yourself,you say the title is marked salvage but you also say the man is guilty of not disclosing the salvage title to you?

How am I contradicting myself? Two months after I bought the car I got the Title which says Salvage/Repair. He did not disclose it to me. He gave me a copy of title from Pennsylvania and it didn’t say Salvage. It happened after. In any event, he should have told me when he showed me the car that it was salvage. That’s the law.
You said again I contradict myself. When did I before? Don’t bother posting if you can’t be helpful.

If you came to get sympathy for not doing your job as a consumer I can’t help you. Perhaps you answer the question about what violation the D.A. is charging the man with.

Part of buying a car is inspecting the title,if the title was not available to inspect do your job as a consumer and walk away.

Obviously I did not do my job.
Who are you? My boss?

Just to weigh in, you always have to be suspicious of out of state titles. In Minnesota, any car from NY, NJ, Penn., or Fla, is suspect of being a flood or rebuild. At this point, you cannot get the money without a court order. Once you get a court order, you can go after bank accounts or other assets if you can find them. You will need a lawyer though to process the papers. I think I would get the brake lines fixed, then go after the assets, and include in the damages the cost of restoring the brakes to safe operation, plus lawyers fees.

OP, if this car was bought at auction/wherever with a clean PA title then where does the Salvage title come from?
If the dealer bought it with a clean title then how is that issue his fault?
Something I’m not following here.

I also think you’re being way too harsh on oldschool. He is trying to be his usual helpful self and I agree with him that your posts are a bit murky/somewhat contradictory; and also wonder why the state has taken no action if there was legitimate wrongdoing.

I’d also like to hear an explanation of why the state has allegedly sided with you and yet is taking no action against the dealer.
If the dealer has violated NY state vehicle laws as you claim then why is it your responsibility to go after them?
What does this investigator say about who’s supposed to be carrying the club to beat them into line?

Okay I take the harshness back. Sometimes I am murky. The title he gave me was from 2001 and it was clean then. It got unclean some time between then and now because when the Title came back to me it was Salvage/Rebuilt. So I made mistakes there. When you say the state has taken “no action” that’s not entirely true. An investigation began in late May or early June. The car was inspected and DMV concluded that Sean Singleton had to give me my money back. Sean says “I have no money.” So now we go to court. Is there something I’m missing? My case is not the only one he’s working on. If I had money I’d hire a lawyer. I don’t think small claims court is the answer. So I’ve decided to follow through with the DMV inspector and he says I will get money back.

I am looking for the criminal side of the story that you have implied existed,so now is your chance,clear it up,is there pending criminal prosecution and what are the charges this individual faces?