Dashboard cutting out as well as AC shutting off

So I have a situation, I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. We replaced the entire AC two years ago and since then, the air still randomly cuts out and decides it’s not going to work. SOMETIMES if I hit the middle consul on the side it pops back on. Lately though, the entire dash has just been dying along with the AC. I had the alternator replaced about a month ago cus that died on me too. For the past couple days now it’s on and off and the check engine light comes on after the lights come back. But if the AC starts to work the light goes off. Another weird thing I’ve noticed is if the AC isn’t working and I put in regular flow (not circulating) and hop on the expressway, it starts to work again. Is there a connection to all this?
Can someone help?

Start off with the basic battery/alternator test. If you have a DVM you can probably diy.

Before the first start of the day the battery should measure about 12.6 volts. Immediately after starting the engine, 13.5-15.5 volts. Probe at both the battery posts and the connectors.

Once you’ve verified that’s ok, post back.

I just had an issue where the car died, battery wasn’t charging, replaced that and the alternator. =\