Dash Indicator Light

I have a 2004 Buick Century and the small window that indicates what gear you are in, on the dash, is very dim. All other dash lights are bright and working good. Is this the bulb and what sort of job is it to change it.

If a lamp is lit but glows dimly means there’s a voltage drop to the lamp from a poor connection.

You might try rapping on the instrument cluster with a knuckle to if the lamp brightens or goes totally out.

But to fix the problem would require removing the instrument cluster.

If it were my vehicle? I’d live with it.

I don’t need no stinkin’ light to tell me what gear I’m in!

Tester

"I don't need no stinkin' light to tell me what gear I'm in!"

Of course, I agree with you, but on an almost daily basis I see people who apparently must look intently at the transmission quadrant in order to see what gear they are putting their car into. I know people who have owned the same car for as long as 8 years, and when they have to go from reverse to drive (or vice versa), they peer intently at the transmission quadrant, and s-l-o-w-l-y move the shift lever from gear to gear.

I don’t know about how others might feel about this type of situation, but–if you have been driving the same car for many years…shouldn’t you know where Drive, Neutral, and Reverse are located, just by “feel”?

I assume this is an automatic and if so I agree with Tester especially on a 2004.

Yea! Guys but the problem is that its the wife’s car