Creaking from brake and accelerator from MG HECTOR

the only other thing I can think of is that one of my past vehicles had a squeak that was driving me nuts. it turned out to be that a exhaust clamp was loose. when I started off driving forward or in reverse the exhaust pipe would move slightly causing a squeak.

1 Like

I think you are right.
There might be a chance that the part which is causing this noise is damaged / rough as even after lubrication noise returned after 14 days.

If a particular part had been causing the noise then many cases could have been reported besides me but none has been reported since the the time of launch of the vehicle in 2019.

My car travels on smooth , well paved roads , it has hardly ever gone through a rough road/potholes.

Can the culprit be the subframe?
When I checked the car from below I could see 3 - 4 spots of rusting which appeared even on the anti rust coat indicating that the rust might be deep .

Ya , when I received the vehicle , on the second day itself the rear exhaust pipe appeared to be rusted , they sprayed something on it , and the rusting hasnā€™t come till now.
At that point too I was surprised that how can a vehicle which has been manufactured less than a month ago can have a rusted exhaust to such an extent in just a month, which has been just standing at the dealership.

Surprisingly the rust hasnā€™t appeared on the exhaust till now , it has been 7 months , even after so much use.

I canā€™t understand the logic .

slight rust is common on brand new vehicles just from the moister in the air or when it rains. just look at your front brake rotors after it rains and sits overnight. they will have light rust on them until you drive and start using the brakes and it rubs off.

1 Like

Does it make the noise if you push each fender down? Which fender?

1 Like

Hereā€™s where we get into the weeds, due to differing terminology between The UK (where I assume that the OP lives) and The US. In the UK, what we refer to as a fender is called a ā€œwingā€. What we call bumpers are referred to as fenders in The UK.

Two English-speaking nations, separated by an ocean and by languageā€¦

2 Likes

A ā€œBritishā€ car, built by the Chinese, being diagnosed by US mechanics ā€¦what could possibly go wrong here? :rofl:

3 Likes

No the noise canā€™t be replicated on pushing the fenders , just comes on light to medium gas
Or any amount of braking , specially when car angle changes.In higher gears , too , especially when the speed is a little less than that for the particular gear, the sound is present , while accelerating.
The sound comes on braking at any speed be it high or low.

On standstill today noticed that when engine is revved above 2500 rpm vibration can be felt in the seats as well as the floor.

Attached is the audio of the creaking

Just noticed that when the steering is rotatated fully to either side and then car is allowed to roll on its own from the slope , then also the creaking noise comes from the right side for a small period of time.