Crash dummy equity

Women tend to receive more severe whiplash injuries in rear-end crash situations.
Finally, a crash dummy that simulates the female form has been invented, so that car makers can make their vehicles safer for women.

1 Like

I was expecting comedy; that’s ripe with potential.

Let’s see, let’s see, a female crash test dummy…hmmm.

Nope, can’t say that.
That either.
How about, nope, better not.

car makers can make their vehicles safer for women

But won’t that make cars even safer for men? How do you make a car safer for women without making it even safer for men which puts you right back to women being more likely to be injured?

Last Christmas, I thought “we beat this topic into the ground…” we had over 60 responses to this and I do not know if this is really new News or just some automobile news editor found an old article and started rehashing it so they have something to print…

Last year, the NHTSA was already using ten different dummies all different in size and weight, (large males, average males, average females, small females, four different size kids, a 6-month old infant and a new-born),

So, what is new? Granted technology is better and perhaps someone changed the criteria for estimating the potential for injury, but it all seems so “old News…”

So, if you want to rehash old news, here is a link to last year’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Posting…