Coolant Leak

99 Chevy Cav 2.2 have a coolant leak I cant locate. Have replaced the water pump thermostat. checked hoses,back flushed for blockages checked clamps, no evidence of leaky heater core. leak seems to come from the passenger side near front tire and travles down the passenger side frame rail anybody out there who’s been throught this. did i mention i live in florida? thanks

Maybe you should try one of those dyes that glows under black light.

Have you checked your freeze-out plugs?

I’ll posit this to the other regulars here, some of whom know GM products well…

Is this one of the engines that suffers from intake manifold gasket leaks?

“leak seems to come from the passenger side near front tire and travles down the passenger side frame rail”

Radiator cap, coolant reserve tank, and hoses in between need checking. One other thought how does the temp guauge on your engine read?

I had really good luck with Alumaseal. The powder in the small tube.

Hey thanks good idea gonna save that one for last

Well thought that could be the problem have had that experience in the past on a pick up that was easy to diagnose. Peeked at the front freeze plugs the rear are a little more challenging. (gotta raise the car) the fronts are exposed and intact. but the leak is definitely in the front end near the drive belt. I’ll admit im lazy about this job and gonna exhaust inspecting that area first before using either elbow grease or logic lol thanks.

Have had mixed results with “mechanic in a can” might be a court of last results

Hey thanks good idea gonna save that one for last

Temp gague is erratic which is a problem. I did not contribute it to coolant leak. Please advise

I was curious as to if the cause might be due to overheating, due to a bad or sticking thermostat. Another possibility is a heater hose with a pinhole leak. How much fluid are you loosing? After being well warmed up have you opened the hood to see if you see the source?

I suspected the same just removed and inspected the hoses again hoses are sound. Also tested the thermostat which operates fine. I forgot to mention initally in my comment that the leak occurs upon start up even though cold. thanks for keepin ur thinking on