Coolant leak between transmission-manual

Check you tube ti see if there is a workaround for your car to replace the heater core. some cars have metal arms under the dash for robot installation of the heater core, heater box or the dashboard itself for the factory installation that can be cut away to gain access.

Hello everyone I bought a hose connector from homedepot to connect Both hoses and everything seems to be working great and no more leak

2 Likes

Thanks for the update…

I had a top notch mechanic who was fooled by a leaking heater core on the Ford Maverick that I once owned. The coolant appeared to be leaking in the back of the engine. The mechanic thought it was a freeze plug and dropped the transmission, only to find it wasn’t a freeze plug.
My Maverick had factory air conditioning and getting to the heater core meant pulling the lower part of the dashboard, discharging the air conditioner to move the evaporator to get to the heater core.
I had the engine start to overheat when I was on the road. I pulled into a Dodge dealer and the mechanic diagnosed the problem as a freeze plug in the back of the engine. They added water to the radiator so I could make the last 50 miles back home to my mechanic. The Dodge dealer didn’t charge me for the diagnosis.
I tried to pay my mechanic for his labor for removing and replacing the transmission, but he wouldn’t take the money.
The 1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass had the heater core and evaporator in a box under the hood. When the heater core had to be replaced, it was an easier job

I expect you were hearing the sound of air bubbles moving through in the cooling system. This makes a sort of gurgling noise, especially as it moves through the heater core. Leaks go in both directions, coolant comes out, air goes in. The air tends to accumulate in the heater core area, b/c that’s often the highest point in the coolant flow path. I wouldn’t have guessed that’s the highest point for either of my two vehicles, but that’s definitely the area the gurgling sounds seem to come from when I have air in the cooling system. Certainly makes sense, as that’s the coolant flow path closest to the car’s interior. There’s not supposed to be air bubbles in the cooling system of course, so when you hear those sounds, its an indications something is amiss. A/C refrigerant can make weird sounds too, but most of the time those sounds indicate normal operation. I purchase a new home refrigerator recently, and it is like a little nightmare theatre orchestra, what with all the weird sounds it makes. I have no complaints about this b/c it keeps my beer bottles consistently at the perfect 38 degrees … lol .

Back to your car’s coolant system: Suggest to monitor those new hose connections, sometimes they’ll work themselves loose from dimensional dithering due to coolant temperature changes.

I think you nailed the description of the noise( gurgling) I’m checking the connection every time I after and before a drive
Thanks