Converting Ac from r12 to r134

I have a 1990 Honda Accord with 253,000 miles on it. My Brother wrecked the car a few weeks ago. So my dad and I spent 5 days rebuilding the front end. What I want to ask is should I convert from R12 to R134 or would I be wasting my money. I’m hoping to get another 50,000 to 100,000 miles on the car. What do you think?

I think this wrecked Honda deserves to be scrapped, not have more money put into it.

If you’re going to convert it, which is pretty much your only choice if you want A/C, now is the time. Millions of pre-93 cars have been converted. Your dad already did the hard work. I know of at least three Hondas with well over 300K miles. Looks like you’re on your way.

I converted my 1989 Honda Accord to R134a a couple of years back and it still works great today. No regrets here, and it wasn’t all that expensive either. I had the Honda dealership convert it and I think it came out to around $250.

How about posting before and after pictures…

Perhaps you should wait another 8-10 months and convert to the new R-1234yf refrigerant.

According to that very article there will be no converting to the new refrigerant as was done with R12 and that R134a production will continue into the future to supply the current automobiles.