Complete loss of power? help!

So today I was driving around and my car was normal, no problems, and then I go to park it and now it won’t turn on. The battery is pretty new, so I don’t know what’s wrong. The doors won’t lock or anything. It’s a complete loss of power. Any suggestions?

P.S. It was 90 degrees today if that makes a difference.

I have a cat, she’s been missing for 2 weeks, have you seen her?

See how vague a question like the one you asked is?

We need more information like; make? model? number of miles? repair or maintenance work done to it recently? coolant level? how long since spark plugs and wires have been changed?

and what color is it ?

You need to call someone to give you a jump start so you can take the car to a mechanic, if one won’t come to you. Someone will have to check the battery connections, alternator connections, and check the power supply wires connections.

This is tantamount to calling your physician on the telephone, telling him/her that you “don’t feel well”, and expecting an accurate diagnosis. With the patient, just as with the car, the possibilities are so numerous that they can’t be properly listed here.

As hellokit stated, this car (of unknown make, model, odometer mileage and state of maintenance) must be evaluated by a mechanic. Either have it jump-started and drive it to a reputable mechanic (NOT a chain operation) or have it towed to the mechanic’s shop.

sorry, cynical mode was active when I made that last post. but the last sentence is still in effect