Coming to a business near you

I agree with TSM. Not worth my time to read.

Don’t fall for the media hype on electric cars, these people don’t know as much about cars as everyone that posts here!

For the mechanics in the room, just how many of you still do a large percentage of engine service in your daily work? I’d guess not many as it is harder and harder to find a shop that will take an engine apart. What does that leave?

A whole lot of stuff that is the same as an electric vehicle. Shocks and struts, brakes, suspension parts, electrical systems with ECU’s and actuators, airbags, body work, and the lot. ALL stuff EV’s have in common with IC’s. All stuff that wears out and breaks and needs servicing.

As for taxing their road use, it is easy enough using GPS (don’t like this for privacy reasons), an added license tax each year or a tax payment when you file your state income tax (if you have one).

You have to at least make a credible attempt to express yourself. I’m not a grammar Nazi, but I also have no desire to try to interpret someone’s babbled ramblings.

You’re right. I’ll leave this thread. But if everyone puzzled by your postings leaves, you’re going to be awfully lonely here.

@kmccune , I have troubles with my keyboard too since I retired my old desktop and now use this laptop. Seems like if I stop typing to think, or rest the base of my hands on the non-keyboard part of the computer, the cursor jumps around, functions i don’t want open up, sometimes I start typing again and a whole line or paragraph or my whole post dissappears. I think the touchpad is overly sensitive. I still prefer using my old computer for non-internet tasks like typing letters and spreadsheets for just this reason.

My GPS unit is even worse, sometimes its barely usuable, you touch one function and the one next to it or underneath it opens up instead. . . I don’t want a car with a touch screen either, I can imagine how bad that’ll be after 5 years of bouncing around on the roads.

Ed: plug a keyboard & mouse into your portable.

I hate that dang ipad touch pad that I use on the road and would only use a desk top at home. I only paid $300 last time for the whole shebang too (plus $200 to the computer guy to turn it on).

Well Same ,the thing is ,we are not about perfection ,we just try to have a little light hearted Banter .
I assume you have read Marilyn Vos Savant , someone would ask her a legitimate question and she would answer with a question now she is supposedly one of the smartest people in the world and it was frustrating when you really wanted to see her answer ,now why did she do that ?
The only reason I could fathom is that she wanted people to think, riddles are not designed to be straightforward ,they are designed to make you think .
One of my first cousins is a very smart guy ,he is always correcting peoples pronunciations and so on (sometimes carefully mispronouncing words himself ) its annoying as hell .the world will not come to an end if you mixup a long or short vowel .
I lost my copy of " the elements of style"a long time ago you can have the last word it doesnt matter to me ,I guarantee you I wont be lonely long .
As I said , "If my posts offend thee , go elsewhere " .

I thought that was Plato or Socrates that answered every question with another question? But then someone said “I’m the one asking the questions and you are the one giving the answers”. Can’t take a joke I guess.

Probably so ,Solomon had very good advice for the Human condition , I am surprised Constantines Holy council ,let Solomons teachings (some of them anyway ) be included in the group of writings called the Bible .