Coincidence or Criminal Mischief

So I get the car home and it begins having starting problems. It gets worse and worse until one day after work (approximately 8 days later), it wouldn’t start at all.

May I make a few suggestions?

1. Next time you notice you have problems, don’t wait for them to get bad. If you had driven the car to the shop when it was still running, you could have avoided some towing charges.

2. When you have hard-to-diagnose and hard-to-duplicate symptoms, sometimes it is a good idea to ask the mechanic to drive your car home at night so he or she can see the symptoms personally. You might need to rent a vehicle in the meantime, but it might be worth it to finally solve these kinds of problems the first time. Of course this requires you to have a mechanic you trust.

3. Don’t start throwing parts at this problem out of frustration. Find a competent mechanic to properly diagnose this problem.

That sounds like it could be a bad battery. I would replace the battery first to see if it fixes your problem.

Sometimes a battery has enough juice to run the accessories, but not enough juice to start the car.