Cleetus McFarland, Who? Freedom Factory, What?

:roll_eyes:

CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

Maybe the Dukes of Hazard is not rerun because it was a poor stupid show.

I wouldn’t say not allowed. It’s probably just that no network wants to air it now due to the controversy. TV Land was the last network to air it back in 2015, but they only aired 3 eps before pulling it from their schedule after the Charleston church shooting.

Some may consider it a poor stupid show, but it aired for seven seasons and scored pretty well in the ratings.

All episodes can be viewed for free (with ads) on the IMDb Dukes page.

1 Like

Not stoopider (with 2 ohs!) than any other garbage on TV!
It was one of the okayest shows of its era, right up with My Mother The Car & Mr. Ed The Talking Horse. I never watched it, but I don’t watch much TV, either.
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses::palm_tree:

I’ll come out and say it . . . as others have said in the past

As a kid, I enjoyed watching Dukes of Hazard

I am NOT going to condemn the show now

I have fond memories of watching that show many times

1 Like

The only thing I cringed at was seeing Chargers hit the ground knowing they were going to be hauled away. My understanding is that the show producers had a yard where they had something like 55 '69 Chargers sitting there for parts.

My wife hated the show because she thought I was in love with Catherine Bach. True enough…

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoyed it during my childhood. Ben Jones (Cooter) lives in the same small town that my mother’s side of the family is from ( my grandparents lived there and my aunt and cousin still live there). He maintains a gift shop/restaurant there and up until recently held Dukes of Hazzard conventions there. I went to one two years ago. It was interesting, there were 70 or so General Lee replicas (and a couple survivors from the show). Speaking with the owners of the various General Lees, it was cool to hear about how they built their respective cars. A few were basically restomods, that look like an orange 69 Charger on the outside but had a modern Hellcat engine backed by a TR-6060 and a custom suspension (IRS). And some were lowly 318’s with a torqueflite, very few were actually 1969’s , most were 68’s and 70’s but with the 1969 grille and taillights.

The event culminated with the General Lee jumping over some hail bails to escape the police. The car that did the jump was actually a Crown Vic with reinforced frame/suspension, and the shell of a Dodge Charge bolted onto the frame. It looked convincing from 20 feet away, but if you looked at it up close you could tell that it wasn’t the real deal.

As for the show, compared to what else was on the late 70’s and early 80’s it wasn’t bad. The acting was hammy as could be, but that was part of it’s charm, like many things from that era it’s camp by today’s standards. It’s unfortunate that today’s “cancel culture” seems to see something in the show’s message that was never there to begin with, and therefore reruns are off limits.

3 Likes

We used to have a couple of small town cops in this area who would make Sheriff Roscoe look pretty good.