Cleaning inside of windshield is literally a pain

… and, of course, be sure that you do NOT use fabric softener on that cloth.

I have the Invisible Glass-branded micro-fiber on-a-stick thing, and it’s worked very well for me. Much, much better than trying to clean the glass by hand.

1 Like

This is the way to clean a windshield.

When I was in college, I had a summer job where I worked at a factory that made glass display fixtures for department stores (where they would keep shirts, etc. that were for sale).
My boss told us that when it came to cleaning glass, nothing beat newspaper and ammonia/water mix.

My parents had an Olds silhouette, or something similar van, they kept a reacher grabber in the car because if something slid forward it was unreachable!

My Mother used Windex and crumpled newspaper on the inside house windows. Windex, a brush and soft well water with spray nozzle to rinse on the outside. At age 4 I was “helping” my Father check fluids and tire pressure every Saturday. Our 1952 Chevrolet needed a new speedometer cable. My Father attached it to the transmission and got it through the firewall. He instructed me how to insert it into the back of the speedometer and screw the cap on tight under the dashboard. It worked fine until the Chevy was replaced more than 3 years later. It gave a 5 year old a great feeling of accomplishment. I’m confident many if not most of todays kids are capable of doing things like this but sadly will never be given the opportunity. I was shocked when 6 of 10 students in my 8th grade (1965) metal shop had no clue how to use a ruler! My Mother sewed and taught me at age 4 on her cloth measuring tape.

2 Likes

I drench mine with home-made window cleaner (water, isopropanol, ammonia) then squeegee it off.

We had rulers in 5th grade at least. I remember because I had to pay a 10 cent fine because I broke mine in a sword fight. That was a bottle or two of root beer back then.

I have hear many times that vinegar and a newspaper is the way to go, never think of it when I am actually cleaning :laughing:

I use a normal car chamois. Never leaves any streaks, and I have been doing this even on my show cars for over 30 years. Sometimes, simple is better…

What was your issue with this?

I have the Invisible Glass tool like this, which works very well for me. For cleaning, I put an Invisible Glass wipe directly on the foam pad (which sticks well enough not to fall off during use). Then, for removing any streaks, I attach the tool’s bonnet and lightly spray it with isopropyl alcohol. As the window is already quite clean, the bonnet only needs to be washed occasionally.

Get the NORWEX window rags. They are expensive but will last many years and all you need is water. Best thing since sliced bread!

Lower height of modern cars and angle of both front and rear windows makes it difficult to get your arm there without destroying your shoulder and aching in pain(for older folks). get the grandkids to do it for you.

That’s why several posts above suggest the use of the tool designed specifically for this purpose.