Classic vs. New Model

Ever try and look out the back window of that new Challenger?

That’s another good thing about the Mustang - pretty good vision all around, and good room for the driver, lots of headroom.

Go for the FORD,you will not regret it, no opinion on the Charger but 66’s are “hobby cars”

“Also, there?s still the stigma that the V6 Mustang is the “secretary’s car”.”

Pres. Bush’s Secretary of State drove a Corvette, and way too fast, at that. Anyway, isn’t this the Chick Car issue? Who cares?

Older cars don’t come close to the handling abilities of newer vehicles.

Chrysler {Dodge} dealers are going through alot of changes. Chrysler parts are as high as Nissan parts.I personally think Lee Iaccoca bailed out Chrysler by raising parts prices.

Check on how many T.S.B.'s {Technical service bulletins} have been issued on these vehicles.

Personal and logical choice would be the Mustang due to it’s using regular gas as opposed to the Chrysler using Premium grade gas in their big V-8’s. This minor difference would make a BIG difference at the pump and over the expected life of the car. You might also consider what the insurance rates would be between the Ford and the Chrysler.

Definitely check on insurance. You’ll want collision, if you can get it on a classic, and certainly on a new car, and even if you don’t, whoever is lending you money to buy this vehicle (if you need to finance buying it) will insist on it. And if (GF) you total the classic, replacing it may be very difficult.

It depends on how and where you want to use. I’m a classic car nut, and I’ve driven older cars on a daily basis – but it takes a lot of patience and dedication to do so. The handling, the ventilation, the safety, the gas mileage, the maintenance schedule, cold weather starting, overheating, rust-proofing – almost everything you can name on a modern car will be technically superior to an older one. Except, of course, the coolness factor – no comparison. And the styling – the new 'Stangs are nice, but they are really cartoonish imitations of the old. Finally, driving an oldie takes you back to simpler times, when cars weren’t burdened with more computer technology than NASA. It’s going to take more time and effort – and money – to drive a classic as your only car. To me it’s worth it (usually).