Chtysler ABS Policy?

My dealer states that Chrysler has a policy requiring that all 4 abs sensors be replaced if one fails. I have found the same information was passed on by other dealers. However, I can not find any tsb or other source. Any one have any info on source of policy ?

I’m no expert, but I’ve never heard of this. Ask them to show you the chrysler policy. Why are you taking your car to a dealer for customer-pay work? Have some extra money to throw around?

How about some information on the vehicle? Year,make,model,engine,miles?

Is this under the warranty? If so, let 'em.

not sure what value of info is but it is a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring V6 3.5L 40000 miles not under warranty

The value of the information is that when I look up the ABS information on ALLDATA the repair information on a 98 Chrysler could be vastly different than your 06 Pacifica. Having the specific vehicle information narrows it down.

Yes it is true… here is the TSB.

NUMBER: 05-003-07

GROUP: Brakes

DATE: June 13, 2007

SUBJECT:
Wheel Speed Sensor Service

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin provides instructions for wheel speed sensor replacement for models listed.

MODELS:

2005 - 2006 CS Pacifica

NOTE : This bulletin applies to CS vehicles equipped with Anti-Lock Brakes (sales code BGF) built between August 1, 2004 through February 28, 2006.

DISCUSSION:

If it becomes necessary to replace a wheel speed sensor, all four wheel speed sensors must be replaced, (as a set).

PARTS REQUIRED:

REPAIR PROCEDURE:

CAUTION :Prior to removal, clean area around sensor head to help prevent contaminants from entering bearing when sensor head is removed.

1. Using the procedures outlined in the parts package OR Dealer CONNECT > TechCONNECT: SERVICE INFO tab /5 - Brakes > Electrical > Front or Rear Wheel Speed Sensor > Remove, remove wheel speed sensors.

NOTE :Lubricate replacement sensor head and 0-ring with supplied grease prior to assembly. Do NOT use any other lubricants.

1. Using the procedures outlined in the parts package OR Dealer CONNECT > TechCONNECT: SERVICE INFO tab /5 - Brakes> Electrical > Front or Rear Wheel Speed Sensor > Installation, install new sensors kits using supplied grease and bolts.

2. Clear any stored codes, road test vehicle and verify proper operation.

POLICY:
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

TIME ALLOWANCE:

FAILURE CODE:

Disclaimer :This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair.

This is nothing new. GM use to have a similar policy for their injectors…but ONLY if it wasn’t under warranty. If it was under warranty then they’d only replace one.

I am curious as to the reason for the 4 sensor policy.

Is it a safety issue

Is it a customer satisfaction issue (less comebacks)

Is it a compatibility issue (false ABS codes?)

Are independants replacing only the indicated faulty sensor, with poor results?

Will a Dealer refuse to replace only one sensor when the job is Customer pay?