Chrysler 300C

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300C ( original owner )
Mileage 172,000 and I take care of my car. I use full synthetic oil and change it every 5000 miles.
I noticed a hesitation between 1000 and 2000 RPM’s. It disappears after 2000 RPM’s.
TheChrysler dealer kept doing repairs and claimed the problem was gone and it is still there. The dealer did a full tune up, induction service and also replaced the EGR valve, gasket and seal. Nothing has helped. The problem gets worse in higher mountain altitudes.
Can anyone help?

Thanks.

He hasn’t cleaned the MAF (mass airflow) sensor? I wouldn’t replace it, a quick cleaning is usually effective. That may not fix it as this type of problem is very difficult to pinpoint and so many things can contribute, but at your vehicles age and miles, that would be my place to start. The TPS (throttle position sensor) or pedal position sensor would be next.

You could ask at allpar.com, a site that specializes in things Fiat-Chrysler.

You’ll probably need a full diagnostic service including possibly fuel pressure and compression measurements. One off-beat guess, what you are noticing might not be the engine, but the transmission instead. When it goes into and out of lock-up mode it can cause a sensation like a shudder which some might interpret as a missing or hesitation. On some transmissions it is possible to disconnect the lock-up function temporarily to see if the symptom goes away.