Chevy Trailblazer doors

Does anyone have any information of what may make the Chevrolet Trailblazer’s doors sound as if they are open or about to open when passing over an uneven surface. The one I own makes bumping sounds when I hit bumps in the road. I thought I would post this question and take a look at the response before I start removing door panels and troubleshooting.

Since you have no answer yet, a year might be helpful. Is it the same sound as if you put it into drive from park? I ask as I get a click when I shift from Park to drive, and a similar unclick when I shift from drive to park. 2003 trailblazer.

Do you mean a noise such as a door not firmly closed? A rattle?

If so, check if the striker plate is adjusted properly.

If it sounds as though there is something loose in the door then you will need to remove the panel.

It would be nice to know the year. Two thoughts, the door hinge pins and bushings tend to wear out on S-10 Blazers. Another problem is the hood hinges, the bolts loosen up and make a heck of a rattle. It sounded like the dash was going to fall off in my 2000 S-10 Blazer. A conical washer on each hinge bolt fixed that.

Ed B.

It is a 2003. The doors make bumping sounds when I travel over an uneven surface (bump)on the road. This is not a click and the shifting of gears has no effect. It is like the doors are bouncing on the hinges. It is also not a rattle it is a bump, bump, bump in rapid sequence.

S-Blazers of mid-90’s vintage did this badly,suprising that Trailblazers do it also,there was not enough movement in the striker plate to adjust the door so it closed tight enough,with a die grinder I would elongate the holes in the body to get just a little more adjustment,do one hole at a time (don’t let the plate that has the threads fall down inside the pillar or you will go fishing)

Is it suprising GM makes vehicles with the same proplems model year after model year?

I really haven’t heard anyone complaining about door closure issues on the Trailblazer/Envoy sites. I own an '04 and had the more common experience of having the front sway bar end links fail. It’s possible that bumping could be confused with a door jarring noise. Worth checking…

The reason I did not initally answer this one was exactly as you state,I did not believe the issue continued into the Envoy/Trailblazer line,the sway bar issue should be checked out,good call.