Chevy Silverado Electrical Nightmare

We will see how this goes. I took apart all the ground wires and sanded the frame, block and all the metal connectors on the cable. I did the same thing for all the positive connectors. I added a ground from the battery to the frame 2 ga, and added a ground from the block to the frame 2 ga. The trouble is random and interrmitent. So I will see how this goes. The battery is a brand new autocraft gold 48h6 730 CCA 910 Reg cranking amps with a reserve of 115. 2007 Silverado with 5.3L and only 68699 Miles. All stock except for a Prodigy brake controller that the dealer installed when I bought the truck in 2007.

1 Like

since you have both top and side terminals, I would suggest keeping the terminals at the top of the battery (not that you were thinking of changing them, lol.) I have two Chevy Express 3500 that I have to tighten the side post battery cables at every oil change. I just cannot keep them tight.

1 Like

Make sure the hood isn’t bouncing enough to touch the battery posts.

Batteries have been known to have a bad internal connection, from the post to the actual plates. Have you tried a new battery?

do you have a voltmeter you can plug into the accessory socket where you can monitor the battery voltage all the time? Only $10 at amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Car-Charger-Smartphone-Temperature-Fahrenheit/dp/B00SWGWILI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1522888225&sr=8-4&keywords=auto+voltmeter

I have a 2015 silverado doing the same thing. But I’m getting random “service theft deterrent system” was hoping to see if anyone got this issue fixed?

Got to safercar.gov and click on the recall by VIN button. Once you are there, you can click on vehicle and check complaints for the 2015 Silverado 1500. They are over 60 complaints for the electrical system. Maybe some of them are similar to yours. They also have manufacturer communications. Check those to see if any are applicable.

That says nothing for my rig.