Check engine light

I HAVE A 97 FORD TAURUS. THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON AND THE CODE WHY IT IS ON IS FOR SECONDARY AIR SUPPLY IS LOW. I DO NOT HAVE SECONDARY AIR ON THIS CAR. I NEED THE LIGHT OUT TO PASS INSPECTION. ANY IDEAS? I HAVE SOME MECHANICS STUMPED WITH THIS ONE.

We wish you had provided the actual code.
Might it refer to the EGR system? Who knows.

If you post back, turn off the caps lock key.

How many miles on your car and are basic maintenance items up to date?  

You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code not just their translation into English and post it back here.

I know I am a pest about it, but ALL CAPS are difficult to read. Using standard case and paragraph spacing makes messages much easier to read. Making them easier to read means more people will read it and you are more likely to get a good answer.

This must be a California emission car, and I suspect they are referring to a Electric air pump that pumps air into the exhaust for the first minute or so on start up. I guess the pump has checked out. Do have the codes read though.

If the air pump is the problem the codes should be either P0410 or P0411

If your car in fact does not have a secondary air injection, then my guess is someone has removed it, or the ECM has been replace with one out of a California emission car. The car should be put back to the way it was when it left the factory.