Check Engine Light went on, and then off on its own, should I be concerned?

I have access to a group least car through work. Several of us travel to and from various towns to work there, and we use a leasing company that leaves cars in these towns for us. We get to the airport at night, pick up the car form the airport parking lot, drive to a hotel, drive the car to a client the next morning, and then go back to the airport from the client. We sometimes stay a few days, but have to be at the clients before the dealerships open, and leave well after the close. The next person who arrives uses the car in the same way. It?s a great program and saves a lot of money over renting cars. Unfortunately, the leasing company does not do any maintenance; they simply ship the cars from town to town as needed. We also take turns getting oil changes as needed, and that?s about the extent of maintenance the poor cars get, as with our schedule, we do not have any time to actually take the cars in, nor do we know where dealerships may even be in these towns.

One car, which I have used a lot recently, had the check engine light come on yesterday, it was on all day, morning and evening, today it is off. I asked the person who had it last; he said it was not on. He did mention he filled it with premium, and I usually use the cheep stuff. Could this have just been some sort of adjustment to the new gas? Should I be concerned still? Or should I just let it go since the light is now off?

I was going to try and go to a mechanic next week, but would prefer not to as I would have to take vacation time to do so. While cheaper, the maintenance and time-off involved is the down side to my companies program.

Do I check it out? Or let it go?

It’s a 2007 Hona Accord Fleet Edition with 30,000 miles.

it could have been as simple as a loose gas cap, could have been a random misfire, likely nothing amjor or the light would still be on. Regardless, the code should be stored, I would have it read and see what it was.

Start by having the code read. Many chain auto parts places will do this for free (other than in California as I understand it).

If the light starts flashing, you know that you have to stop driving immediately, right?