Cheap new cars or crossovers

Too bad the automatic 2020 Volkswagen Golf starts at like $26,000 in Hawaii, I like it

1 Like

Interesting that they are doing turbos

1 Like

@D.J - Just in case you are not aware of it. Your replies are seen by everyone so there is no need to tag each person.

Recently we bought a 2015 Mazda 3 Sport hatchback. Itā€™s my first Mazda, and so far Iā€™ve been very impressed with it.

We also had a 2007 Honda Fit that was a lovely car. Very flexible interior. However, I actually think I like the Mazda better, if comparing the two.

1 Like

True, Iā€™m not very knowledgeable on the rotary. Im currently taking an Automotive Service Technician course at the college in my city and I believe we will go over rotaries but not 100% sure. Iā€™m just gonna have to wait and find out. Although a speed3 would be awesome if they released a 20ā€™ even if its not much in design change, or combine all of the past ones together for this super speed3. One can only hope!

I donā€™t know if it was CPO or not. Given the age, Iā€™d guess it was. Acura warrants CPOs for 24 months after the new car warranty expires or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Thatā€™s a good CPO warranty

The Mazda was probably less entry level feeling

The Konaā€™s engine is not Theta II. Rumor has it they have fixed the issue on that engine, time will tell, but we already have a 2013 Sontata with that engine and not interested on increasing my odds.

I also agree with the Velosterā€™s rear visibility being fine. I am used to sitting low, no issues. My daughterā€™s Prius is more of a problem for me.

Thanks for the info. I love the looks of the Veloster and the Kona both!

Very good question . Iā€™ve test driven Mazda CX-9 today and was impressed . you can get used 2019 for about 22k.

1 Like

Awesome! I like Mazdas. The CX-9 looks great but is a little big for just my needs. I like the smaller CX-3 and CX-30 SUVs too

For some reason I did not look at Mazda when I bought my Toyota Highlander back in 2014. I LOVE my Highlander. I have since been in a CX-9, and was thoroughly impressed. My sonā€™s Mazda 3 was extremely reliable vehicle. Maybe next time (5+ years) Iā€™ll give them a look.

If I were to go an SUV from Mazda I would for sure do the CX-3 its a upsize from the hatchback but still compact enough as if Iā€™m driving a hatchback. Not too sure about the CX-30 have only heard of that vehicle recently.

Iā€™d go with CX3 then, super sharp looking car

1 Like

Be aware of issues with some of the new CVT transmissions. Research that as certain models seem to fail at certain mileages like clockwork. That might pretty much total a car in this price range and render it not economical to repair.