Changing Transmision oil

How come Sears refuses to change the transmission oil on my 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 pickup because it has over 100.000 miles on it? I have had it changed several times at other places. Is there something about the transmission on my truck that doesn’t like oil changes? Any tips are helpful.

Go somewhere else. Sears is being stupid. I suspect they believe the old wives tale that if you change transmission fluid at high miles it will cause it to fail shortly thereafter and THEY will be held liable.

There is NO reason not to change the transmission fluid and filter on your GMC. IF you’ve done it before 100,000 miles (you say several), bully for you. That will help the transmission last many more miles. If you have 4WD or AWD, don’t forget to change the transfer case fluid, too. It only takes about 2 quarts of a special blue colored transfer case oil, no filter… cheap insurance.

Do they actually know that you’ve had it changed several times? I can understand not wanting to do it on a 100k mile car that’s never had it done, because the transmission is probably already in trouble, and anything that happens to it in the next 50,000 miles is going to be blamed on the shop that did the fluid change. But if you know it’s been done before, then not wanting to change the fluid is just stupid.

Find a good independent mechanic.
Chain stores like Sears, Midas, Jiffy Lube etc are like playing Russian roulette with 3 bullets in the chambers.

Do I hear 4?