Certified with higher miles vs. not certified with lower miles

Stop back an let us know how your Landie works out. I hope you enjoy it and it works well for towing.

Enjoy it, it seems like a sharp vehicle.

I’ll definitely let you know how it works out. Hopefully it will be good news!

1 Like

Range Rover is not the vehicle it used to be.

They have become reliable vehicles?

I would bet reliability did not change, but nowadays you can not fix it using only sticks, rope and a hammer anymore.

They are not for roving the range anymore.

Range Rovers are real off road vehicles.

They are, but most of them seem to serve Suburban Soccer Mom duty nowadays, without ever leaving the pavement.

Most, if not all, of the Range Rovers in my neighborhood never see more rugged terrain than a gravel driveway, I’m sure.

2 Likes

The ones in my neighborhood are freeway cruisers.

One of the main reasons I chose a Range Rover is its off-road capability. We plan to do a lot of “Boondocking” (camping off the grid) on BLM and Forest Service land in UT and elsewhere in the West, and some of the roads can be pretty sketchy.

I’ve done quite a bit of 4 wheeling in Colorado and Utah. Almost exclusively using Jeep Wranglers and Rubicons. Consider your Airstream will be hauled in and serve as home base. Then you can unhook and do as much and as challenging 4 wheeling as you desire. It’s the mecca for that activity. So my advice would be to keep that in mind when choosing. The Rover will be an excellent choice…

Well, you’ve answered the initial question, but no-one else seems to have picked up on it. The Range Rover Sport is a completely different vehicle from the Range Rover. Everything including the chassis. In the UK, it’s widely regarded that the Sport shouldn’t even legitimately be called a Range Rover.

Four Wheeler thinks the Range Rover Sport is fine for most off-roading people will do. They mention some issues, but they like it overall.

Indeed it’s capable enough off-road. It’s just not the same vehicle in the league of the full RR. It’s common for “Sport” added to a vehicle name to denote trim level or even suspension differences in a model range but with the RRSport it’s a whole model of vehicle lower on the totem pole that the RR. As well as the “cheaper” chassis & suspension it’s actually a smaller vehicle. The price difference between the RR & the RRSport when is more than $20K. The MSRP of Sport starts at $68K where the RR starts at $90K.

The OP never mentioned the price difference which is a large factor in the decision even when it wasn’t realised they were different models being compared.