Cargo Truck Exhaust System

Dear Car Talk,

DO NOT PUT THIS ON AIR!!! SOMEONE MIGHT COPY MY IDEAS!!!

I was wondering how to invent something to put inside of the cargo truck’s exhaust system for the science fair as an eco-friendly and cheap way to separate or filter out CO2 from good air stuff. That way, the truck will only emit good air stuff and the bad air stuff will get stuck in the disposable and biogerable thing that I am inventing. What is the structure and engineering of the cargo truck exhaust? I need help. I have only 1 month and 2 weeks. Thank you so much!

P.S. I love your show!!! I mean radio station!!!

marshmallo0pony

Too funny! The definition of inventing something is thinking it up on your own!

The primary trouble with filtering exhaust is not getting your filter plugged up with particulates. There are commercially available products for scrubbing CO2 from gases. One product is SodasorbTM (soda lime) and is used in the medical field to scrub CO2 from recirculated patient gases. Likely, the same thing they use on shuttle/space station scrubbers too.

BTW- putting “your idea” on this web page is likely to have a much wider exposure than their over-the-air broadcast. AND, it will have a much longer exposure time to boot.

Good luck in your endeavors…