Very cold this morning, I got into my car, and started it. It started normally. Actually it does seem to have been having a hard time getting going the past few weeks.
Anyways, I got out to brush off the windshield, and when I got back in about 20 seconds later, I accidentally turned the car off. It is a push button start, where I press the brake and push a button on the dash. I had headphones in my ear, and simply out of force of habit, I put my foot on the brake and pushed the button. Stupid, I know.
So then, I simply try and start the car, and it won’t start. I’m screwed. Car won’t start after a few attempts. I took my wife’s car to work and haven’t tried it since. I will look at it in the light of day.
I called my mechanic and he suggested disconnecting the negative coil of the battery for 10 minutes to allow the computer to reset. He said there may be a safety mechanism that would prevent the vehicle from a sudden on/off/on scenario like what happened, whatever. I think it’s a long shot.
I think the battery just used up it’s juice on the first start, and didn’t have enough juice to get it going a second time (we’ve all been there, if you catch my drift). Anyone else agree with me or the mechanic? It’s a 2012 and I assume it’s the original battery but I don’t know because I just got the vehicle last year. I would be more than happy to pop in a brand new battery and be on my merry way if that’s what the problem is.
Thanks for your thoughts!