Car won't start 95 Pontaic Grand Am V6

Thanks for the replies. I’m wondering if anyone can help me figure out if it’s the ignition switch or not. When it started acting up, I tried to start the car and nothing happened so I took the key out of the ignition, then the car tried to start without the key. I had to put the key back in and start the car to get it to stop. Later that night, it started with no problem. The next time I tried to start the car, it wouldn’t start. Sometimes I hear a click and sometimes I don’t and I had the starter replaced. I also tried jump starting it and that didn’t work so I doubt it’s the battery or alternator. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

It would be a lot easier if you replied to the original message. I have no idea what has occurred prior to what you just wrote. More often than not “the rest of the story” is critical in answering the current questions.

Sorry for the confusion with the question. I posted this from a post my girlfriend made. The original post was asking wether or not we could get a ignition switch from a junkyard, and if so would different switches be compatible with her car. I figured if i started a new thread maybe it would be seen more. So what is posted here is the full story of what is going on with her car. Any advice I could get would be much appreciated.