Car won’t stay aligned

Wow okay. Obviously I’m not a mechanic because I’m asking these questions. Just trying to get some help as a broke college student. So thanks. All I know when my dad purchased the ball joints the control arms were already attached to the ball joints.

I don’t know if you really ever needed new ball joints and tie rods. Those chain shops will always try to sell you things you don’t need and then are often not competent enough to install them correctly. But I can’t say that is the case here as I have not personnally seen them.

But, sometimes new tires will feel a little “slippry” when new becase the rubber is so smooth. They could even have a preservative coating on them. They need about 50 miles before they develop their bite. That could cause you to think the vehicle was misaligned.

I think that you should go to a respected independent mechanic and have the work that was done inspected to see if it was done right. You will probably have to pay for an hour of labor but suspension systems are too critical for anything to go wrong. If the independent finds someting, make sure it is documented, and if real dangerous, have it fixed. Then go to the shop that sold you these things and demand a full refund for the work done by the independent. If they don’t immediately comply, get a lawyer.

You don’t need a lawyer for small claims court.

Because the amount you’re talking about could be settled in small claims court.

Tester

2 Likes

Your father did the work or you just supplied the parts to someone . I agree that you will just have to pay a shop to look at this thing and Goodyear or any franchise type place is not where you want to go. I don’t think this is an alignment problem .

My dad did the work