Car wax/polish, applicators, buffing rags, chamois...the works

Ah Ha !! Most people have an “X” wife. sad. I am a complete loser with women.
shamed to say I’ve got “X” “Y” & “Z” End of Alphabet - End of Women - 2 of em are in jail
2 of em pay ME “child support” !!
My next step is a Deaf Mute ROBOT. (red head)

[quote=“MajikImaje, post:40, topic:96105, full:true”]

Covered in Salt…lets begin there. I am ten miles from land out on a huge frozen ocean ice pack. Frozen SALT WATER…This is my home… for the next two months - right there. No tents, We sleep outside (to hunt food)
It is 40 below zero and the wind is very strong (non stop). How do you suppose we get DELICIOUS fresh drinking water out here in the middle of frozen no where??
Yes, we melt snow, for “cleaning” and washing. But for drinking (hot coffee, Hot Tea, Hot Chocolate) Just how do you think these people get delicious fresh drinking water daily?
It requires the skills of a 3 year old child to remove ALL the Salt from frozen ocean ice without having to melt it.

This…is a “boyer” He is 3 years old. This is HIS JOB.

How does a 3 year old child… REMOVE…all of the salt from a frozen piece of ocean ice (salt water) without melting it ??

When I tell you what this “boyer” does… you will never believe me.

He works by himself - alone - all night long, by himself while the women are asleep in the tent.
Hand him your matches / lighter and go to sleep. His main job is to keep that wood stove burning.
He has to chop wood, Use very sharp knives to cut seal blubber as fuel. Too much and the tent will go up in flames, He has to melt snow to wash and clean. He makes Delicious Fresh Drinking water to fill the Thermoses’ with Hot Coffee, Hot Tea, Hot Chocolate, and bring those down to the hunters at the edge of the ice 1//2 mile away. He has many rifles in case of Polar Bear Attack. He has to constantly be aware of any changes or shifts in the wind or ice cracking.
Inupiaq Eskimo Technology - Time Tested for many thousands of years.

How do you remove ALL the salt from frozen ocean ice without melting it?
There are two different methods. This is the very first thing children are taught.
Make Fresh Drinking Water for the cooks !!

I looked out my window one day and the mail carrier got out of her vehicle. She was a substitute from the normal guy but with long flowing red hair bouncing in the wind. I wanted to give her a tip but she never showed up again. Kinda broke up the boring day though. I did see her on another route one day though so maybe she’ll show up again.

Seeing the pictures now all I gotta say is that ice is gonna melt some day so maybe move to dry land.

What State do you live in ?? I am crazy enough to drive down to any state / location you name.
And I guarantee you and I will place 50k down on the table…you will NEVER get close to achieving the mirror like shine I get with 50 coats of Carnuba Wax.
I am also a professional photographer, Photos can’t duplicate that shine once it Pop’s

Too many people have approached me over a sixty year period. We have never seen any vehicle shine like that ever.

How many people have cussed you out because your car is too dangerous ??
Dozens of people have complained to me…How come every time I lean against
your car; I end up on the ground ??

Finally , you made a statement I can agree with.

2 Likes

I am happy for you. but if you think two coats of car soap & paste wax can beat 50 coats of hand rubbed Carnuba Wax with water your nuts.
How much increase in mpg did you achieve ? NOTHING or you would have been bragging about it.
Looking good does not compare with SPECTACULAR.

How many people come up to you and ask you
Why does your car look so “wet” ??

Like most things in life, people will span the range of importance to them on this subject. The OP is on the very far extreme of how important this is to him. I, for example, am on the other far extreme. I don’t give a rats posterior what other people think of my car or to invest the time and effort to wash, let alone wax it. To each their own. I will admit it looks spectacular. Just not at all important to me.

It’s like Carlin said of vehicle speeds. People going slower than you are idiots and people going faster are maniacs…it’s all relative…

1 Like

If that’s your lifes goal…great. Personally I have better things to do with my time…like work and spend time with my family. More power to you.

MikeinNH; Every morning when I wake up I take the time to shower get dressed and look presentable, That includes combing my hair and brushing my teeth. My appearance is important.
The same is true with my ride. I want to look my best. I make sure my ride is clean and “wet” looking, only because - People NOTICE. For more than 55 years…I get comments about my car every day. It is a “discipline”. that’s all.
I notice you could not answer my simple question: How does a 3 year old child remove all of the Salt from a frozen piece of Ocean Ice @ 30 degrees below zero without having to melt it ??

There are two simple methods that are used.

I noticed that my last post received 2 likes but it was “flagged” Thank you MikeinNH
you are sure teaching me a lot. This is my 3rd time thanking you.
Keep up the good work.

Most of us do. But do you take the extra steps, like working out? I can’t tell you how many morbidly obese people who think they look good because they take a shower and put on clean cloths. Even with this Covid lockdown I still workout 10 hours a week…plus I take a shower and put one clean cloths every morning.

Hey dweeb…I NEVER flagged you. Nice try though. Someone probably flagged you because you broke this forum policies of no-advertising.

What’s your problem? Isn’t it time for your morning nap.

4 Likes

Some of you “regulars” on this forum seem to have lots of extra time and energy to knock newcomers who simply have a different outlook on life than the forum dogma.
It’s not a welcoming atmosphere.
Perhaps it’s time to expand my list of ignored posters.

2 Likes

I don’t have time every time to proof read. But if catching someone’s proofing reading…GREAT…Another thing in life to give you thrill. I guess it was time for you nap.

I don’t know how you do that and wouldn’t do it if I did know how. To me it’s the adult version of covering your ears and singing la la la la la. It’s better to hear everyone even if they are considered wrong, abusive, dangerous, and so on. Down through the centuries people thinking out of the box have been labeled as such by the populace but made great discoveries. Really these labels are just an attempt at control and censorship and we have had too much of that. Editorial over.

1 Like

To me it’s a way to save time and give my eye muscles a rest from rolling.
Posters that never say anything useful or interesting to me.
Much the same as programming out channels on the TV for more efficient surfing.
I’m not trying to control or censor anyone.
At this point it’s only 4 people.

+1
On another site that I frequent, there is actually an “ignore” feature which causes a particular forum member’s posts to be invisible to you. When some folks in that forum asked why I use it, my reply was something along these lines:

If you were walking along the street and saw somebody on the next block who is shouting bizarre and/or hostile epithets to the world at large, would you willingly walk past that person, or would you cross the street in order to distance yourself from the weirdo?

The “ignore” feature on that other website is the internet equivalent of crossing the street to avoid a weirdo.

I generally agree with you, @bing, but it depends on why you participate in this forum. While weighty matters sometimes intrude, we generally provide information and opinions that are not on controversial subjects. When people veer from that or become abusive, I can see why they might be blocked.

1 Like

So someone new comes on here with an unconventional (and agreed not popular) method for polishing vehicles and are labeled a dweeb? I’ve seen this here a number of times. Someone new comes on and maybe is not clear, makes a spelling or grammatical error, or really does say something kind of silly, and 4-5 of the community pile on so the person never comes back. Control of content achieved, chest puffed up, pat on back and congratulations. Some would call that being a bully. Think of how many regulars have called it quits over the last few years because of this censorship, but the club is maintained.

1 Like

You misconstrued everything I wrote. It’s OK if you have a point to make, Direct it at those you have the issue with.