Car tire losing pressure after tire rotation? Very confused

Welcome @izzy_pro_2022 to this site. I see this was your first post, and I hope the answers helped you.

Do make sure to ignore any of the unhelpful and uncalled-for comments you received.

1 Like

Seriously , how can anyone take this problem as a real problem . 3 different vehicles and the same tire location leak caused by tire rotation .

3 Likes

the only common denominator here seems to be you. Are you doing something else that could be causing this? Using a air pressure gauge after rotations that could be making the valve core stick? Upsetting the spouse or kids so they are messing with you?? have a rotten no good beatnick brother that like to play pranks?

there isn’t much else that could be going on here.

3 Likes

+1
Assuming that we are not all being trolled, I have to conclude that someone is playing pranks on the OP.

Remember
bad luck comes in threes
proven statistically. The OP seems to hesitate on the question of whether it was always the very same position on the car, so let’s rule out that part of the “coincidence”. It is still well possible that the OP had a leak after a tire rotation, or shortly after a tire rotation. (Question: was he checking the pressure BEFORE the tire rotation?) And, of course, when he does, he goes back to the tire dealer and says “that tire has a leak after YOU rotated my tires. I want YOU to rotate them back!” The dealer shrugs his shoulders and tells his mechanic to look carefully for leaks. The mechanic finds one, but doesn’t want to argue any Area 51 mysteries, so says nothing. The OP takes this as proof-positive that a pattern exists! One rotation causes air leaks, but two rotations correct the problem. After all, what else could it be?

All I can say is apologize for thee but not for me.

Sometime folks in the services find ways to indirectly deal with customers that have been rude or worse. They can’t confront them directly but they can mess with them indirectly. I find my own leaks and pump my own tires up. I also express surprise and appreciation for prompt service.

Perhaps OP’s definition of “rotating the tires” is not the same as what others here think when hearing that term.

2 Likes

If the work is being done at JL, are you 100% certain that the tires are actually being rotated?

The tires could be rotated at a tire dealer where they would be inspected for punctures and damage, this might solve the mystery.

Off topic, but is there a way to change the user name? I couldn’t find it anywhere.

@cdaquila , excuse me but someone needs some help over here.

Thanks, @PvtPublic.

@izzy_pro_2022 please check your pms for a message about changing your name.

Friend plugged his rft tire recently. We went somewhere together and he got another low pressure message. Turns out he had a screw in 2nd tire now. That’s life. 2019, 19k miles. $312 per tire

I find all sorts of screws and of all kinds laying in neighborhood roads while riding my bicycle. I usually stop and pick them up to avoid getting a flat tire later, plus helps car drivers too. Absolutely no idea why there are so many, or where they are coming from, maybe falling off construction worker trucks. I also found a 3/8 inch drill bit the other day, so the construction truck idea seems to have merit. Reciprocating saw blades pretty common too, but laying flat on the ground, seem unlikely to puncture tire, so I usually just leave those. Bolts, washer, nuts too, but fewer and I see them much less often. So who’s dropping all the screws on the road?

Guy that built our cabin used an enclosed trailer. Nails had fallen on the floor and out the door. Spread them all over our parking area and gotta assume sprayed some on the road. We spent quite a while cleaning up nails before I invested in a Manet. Also folks hauling shingle to the dump are filled with nails, not to mention scrap trailers from construction sites.

Seldom see nails, even roofing nails for some reason. I presume you mean you invested in a magnet, not a painting by the artist Manet, which would cost considerably more than a magnet.

Yeah this iPad likes to change what I say at will so maybe it thought I bought a painting.

Sorry, but what commonly happens is that the front tire kicks up the debris and sends it tumbling towards the rear tire. You should pick those up, too.

Oh and, thanks for picking up those screws and nails. You’re making things better and should be applauded for it.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what my tire shop has told me. Dropping a trailer load off at the landfill, I have found lots of nails on the concrete next to the bunkers. I usually walk ahead to check first before driving ahead to unload. Of course the pandemic kinda shut that down so old news but just can’t believe the Carelessness.

During a remodeling project my son had a scrap trailer in his driveway. I told the contractor that one of the tires was almost flat. He said yeah we pump them up before we dump it because there is so much debris at the dump they never bother to fix the tires.

Pretty quiet here since the paid troll(s) left. Good thing we’ve got nails and vacuums to discuss.

Logically, since this keeps happening with different cars, sets of rims, and sets of tires the rotation of tires cannot be the causitive factor.

It must be some external factor such as driving or parking habits, someone letting air out of the tire at that position, perhaps something you may be towing affecting that tire position, etc.

2 Likes