Car that was in a flood and is always breaking down

I bought a car from my mechanic who assured me that it was in great shape and would be a great second car. With over 6,000 dollars in purchase, new tires, and repairs in less than a year, the 1991 300TE Mercedes Wagon is not the car as represented. I want to sell it and of course I cannot do business with the garage. How can I find someone who would want this car and be able to keep this vehicle running? It seats 7, has a new radio/CD player and many repairs.

If you’re honest about it, you’ll be hard-pressed to find another victim. I always advise people to move on if ‘flood damage’ is used to describe a car.

Any car that has been submerged should be totaled and shredded, not “refurbished or restored”…You could offer it as a “parts car”…

A '91 MB 300TE is going to be an expensive car to maintain and repair, whether it was in a flood or not. The car is 20 years old. A new radio in an old MB may or may not have anything to do with “flood damage”. What were some of these repairs? New tires certainly isn’t flood damage, nor would new brakes, or struts, etc.

How was the car “represented” to you when offered for sale? Does it have a “salvage” title? How have you learned of the “flood damage”?

I’d like to hear the story behind this one and how it was not as represented.
Did you know it was a flood car?
Why can’t you do business with the garage?

You will find that many repairs and a new stereo doesn’t do much at all for the actual value of a car this old; maybe a few hundred dollars difference as compared to a car that has not had many repairs and has no new stereo.

I’ll retract the question about doing business with the garage seeing as how I forgot the bit about your buying it from them in the first place.

Any 20 year old car is a risky puchase.
A 20 year old Mercedes is no less so only the risk is much higher because the parts and repair costs are greater.
Any flood damaged car is a VERY risky purchase.

A 20 year old flood damaged Mercedes…you must like to live dangerously.

Put it on a website or two, but expect to have a very hard time finding a buyer. You may have to write this one off as the cost of an education.