Car Talk's Unique Look At The New Ford Mustang "Mach-E Mach"

Last time I had to buy tires local mechanic was $50 than tire rack after shipping mounting and balance estimates for tire rack suggested shops, so I went local. I do not know that this applies to every situation as Tire Rack seems to have a thriving business.

I buy my tires at Tire Rack so that I can get exactly what I want and have them shipped to my mechanic for installation, balancing, and alignment. The price isn’t extraordinary, but I often can’t find what I want locally.

1 Like

I like Tire Rack, just not a huge fan of the local partner installer (firestone) would much rather go to Discount Tire or Costco.

There are at least a dozen partners within a few miles of me. It doesn’t really matter if they are a partner. If you have a shop you trust that will do the installation, that’s all that matters.

1 Like

You have a point, We’ve had amazing service from the local Discount Tire and Costco, one could have the tires shipped to the shop of your choosing, my brother has his local Discount Tire swap the OE wheels on the Toyota Sequoia over to winter tires for a small fee.