Car Suddenly doesn't crank

Hi,
My 2007 Camry suddenly doesn’t crank. I drove it as usual for a short drive around 5 minutes and when I came back 20 minutes later it was not starting at all. No crank at all, The dashboard has light, and the radio starts but when I try to start it the dashboard light goes off momentarily and I don’t hear anything (maybe just a very quiet click) I tried to jump it but nothing happens at all, also the battery is still new … I really appreciate any hints to start it or diagnose so I don’t need to tow it to a mechanic.

Try shifting the transmission into neutral to see if it starts.

Tester

2 Likes

Another possibility is the starter solenoid contacts, they wear out and create an intermittent no-start condition.

2 Likes

That sounds like a dead battery, new or not you could have left a light on or just got a defective battery, Or maybe since you have a newer battery, possible bad or loose connection at the battery terminal ends…
How/what did you try to jump it with and if cables were they heavy gauge cables or light cables??
A bad starter shouldn’t make the dash lights go off, on my Toyota’s that has always been a battery issue…

But like already stated, lots of possibility’s…