Car stalls when I accelerate after new cambelt

Hello,

I have a Honda Civic from 2002. I had it for 2 years without any problem and in March I had to get a new cambelt and since then, everytime I start the car and slowly drive it out of the carpark, there is a delay between the moment I press my foot on the pedal and the moment the car actually accelerate. Usually between 1 and 2 seconds.
And same thing when I drive around my house once I leave, everytime I slow down to 10km/h before a turn or at a giveway sign, the car kind of stalls for 1 second before accelerating.

I went back to the garage and the guy said he can’t find anything and said it might be the cold as we’re going into winter now but in March the temperature was still alright and it’s never happenned in winter before.

Also once the car has been driving for a few minutes, it’s normal again.

So I’m not sure if it’s a normal thing to happen after getting a new cambelt ?
I also got it serviced a week before that and they just gave me new brakes if that matters.

I’m starting to think I might just deal with it but it gets dangerous when I need to insert myself in a road with cars coming and it takes me 2 seconds to accelerate.

Thanks so much for any answers,

The cover needs ro come off and the cam timing marks checked; your mechanic should have done that when you first brought the car back.

Thank you, I’ll take the car to someone else then