Car Stalls mostly on hot days

I have a 1985 Camaro Z28/IROC with 85,000 miles. On hot days, after driving it 50 or more miles, it will often stall and shut off, as if it is not getting gas. Depending upon how far I have driven it will started up immediately or I will have to wait 5 minutes or so and it starts. Once it starts back, it seems to run okay but normally I am near home or my destination and it does not cut off again. I have had the in-tank fuel pump replaced about two years ago. It regardless of the amount of gas in the tank but I have not noticed it to happen during the winter. Any suggestions as to the problem or fix for this?

One simple thing to try is to loosen the gas cap and listen for a release of vacuum. I am wondering if the gas cap is not letting air into the tank.

Since you can get a ‘no restart’ condition, carry a spark tester or spare spark plug and a can of starting fluid. When the engine will not restart, connect the inline spark tester and see if you do have spark. If so squirt some starting fluid into the throttle body and see if the engine catchs for a bit. With this you can narrow your trouble shooting flow chart.

Get back to us with the results and we will go from there.

n hot days, after driving it 50 or more miles, it will often stall and shut off, as if it is not getting gas.

It may be not getting gas. Take a look at the fuel lines and see if they are close to something that gets very hot. You may be lucky and moving the fuel line or insulating it may take care of it.

Good Luck