Car shakes and dies

HIya!
I have a 2002 Nissan Xterra with 94K miles on it. Sometimes after I start the car it shakes and sputters. This has been going on for a couple weeks and I didn’t really think anything of it. Today as I was backing out of a spot, the car started shaking again and then the engine died and the check engine light came on. Any ideas on what that could be?
Thanks!

Will It Start And Run, Safely ?

With a steady “Check Engine” light you should be able to drive as far as a national chain type auto parts store. Many will read diagnostic trouble codes that are probably stored by your car’s engine control system. Write them down exactly (P0123, P0420, etcetera) and post them here. They could offer clues.

You might want to call them and ask about this service, first. Don’t drive a car with a flashing “check engine” light. See the Owner’s Manual.

CSA

Will do. I’m just leary of going to a mechanic again without some idea of what’s wrong because I have been bamboozled and ended up paying a lot of money for unnecessary repairs. The check engine light only comes on when the engine stops. Otherwise it’s not on. I’ll see what they say and post it here. Thanks

The code is P0328. Knock sensor circuit high quality input. Probable cause: poor electrical connection, electrical interference on circuit, engine mechanical condition, faulty ks