Car repair kit

I was doing a bit of diy today in the kitchen, long story and I won’t bore you with it, but whilst soldering under the boiler I heard a loud bang from the other side of the house,I thought it was a car back firing and took no further notice,Half an hour later I went to my car for some tools out of the boot and saw a big hole in the rear door, on further inspection I saw the gas meter is sitting on the back seat, Somehow the gas meter had left its original postion in the meter box at the side of my car in the drive and bursted throu the door panel, there used to be a repair kits for car with a fibreglass matting stuff that you could get with body filler, do you know if anyone still sells it? and if so do they deliver ?

Thanks

From the terminology you use, it seems you are in the UK.
Do you not have access to Amazon? Items may have to be purchased separately.
But, why?
Has the gas line been repaired? By your description there would be gas flowing into your garage.
Is the gas company immune from liability?
Professional repair of your car should be covered by either your car insurance or homeowners insurance.

If you still decide on a diy repair a door from a junkyard makes more sense, you may even find one of the same color.

If you still want to put a fiberglass patch on it and you do not have access to Amazon, then a store that deals with boat building supplies will have everything you need.

1 Like

As Purebred said , let your insurance handle this . Also your post has a link to a business web site so you might get flagged for spam . This is your second request for repair kits and a Google search will find those if they exist.

1 Like

You need a lot more than fiberglass, resin and body filler. Good luck with that idea.

OK , there is something about this gas meter problem that does not make sense . Unless where ever this James person is is different here in the US the gas line to a home has about 10psi . That is not enough to send a heavy gas meter through a car door . And if it did make a hole in the door a replacement door is the only repair.

3 Likes

+1
Assuming that there is a moveable window in that door, the OP will need to replace the window mechanism.

+1
Like you, I’m having a hard time believing that scenario.

1 Like

I think we need a picture for various reasons here.

1 Like

It’s probably an SEO organization trying to promote klifex.com which was registered in 2018. Seems like they could come up with a more believable story. British English suggest they could be in India where they frequently do this kind of service. The story might even be generated with the help of an AI language model, as they often write good things that don’t actually make any sense.

caltalk.com has a rather high ranking on Google, which attracts them to come here.

On the chance that this is a serious question and the op doesn’t know of an auto parts store, you need to use different search terms. Search for bondo or fiberglass etc. not repair kits. By yeah if you have to ask, have a shop fix it.

How can it be good if it makes no sense? You make less and less sense every day.

1 Like

I think it would make sense if you lived in the uk. Mind your meter.

A natural gas line explosion? This sounds like an ordinary Cark Talk topic, George should know what to do.
Looks like spam to me.

1 Like

Isn’t this the same OP that posted 4 days ago about another kit and NEVER replied to anyone??

Me thinks a Moderator needs to look into this OP… and NO I didn’t flag it… lol

And looking back one other Thread about seat covers and only replied once with a link to seat covers… lol

The OP likes to ask questions, but so far has not followed up with any thread made…

2 Likes

Replace the crank sensor? … lol…

2 Likes

Maybe OP is a twelve year old reading a JC Whitney catalog while considering purchasing Winky the Cat.
IMG_2432

1 Like