OK, so I’m trying to track down this cooling fan problem. When I turn the a/c on, only the passenger side fan comes on.(People assure me the driver’s fan is supposed to come on to. Can somebody confirm this is true? I have a 96’ Honda accord LX)
Here’s what I’ve done so far:
- Direct power to cooling fan(driver’s side) works
- Swapped relays(both turn on a/c clutch)
- Tested relay wires with test light(Bright as battery, 12v I assume)
- Tested thermostat sensor A/B. The one behind the engine is so dim I thought it wasn’t getting any power and the thermostat in front of the engine(top radiator hose. Green bulbous connector) was dim yet slightly brighter.
- Tested the wire that runs from atop the compressor to the fan with test light. Looks like it’s receiving no volts.(but I’ll double-check)
Where do I go from here? Pictured is my multimeter that I’m not 100% confident I’m using right.(I tested the battery and got 12 volts)
*Also, there was some green corrosion on both the brass pieces of the thermostats. Does that mean the wire before the connector is the culprit?