Car not allowing me to change settings

Hi, so for weeks I’ve been trying to figure out how to change my auto lock feature so that my car doesn’t automatically unlock every time I park. According to the manual and what I’ve looked up online, I’m supposed to hit the reset and info buttons at the same time and then hit info until I find the setting, then reset to change it. Makes sense. But that hasn’t been working at all.
Sorry if this has a very easy answer but this is my first car and I haven’t been driving it very long so I really don’t understand a lot about this.
I’m hoping this is just the car having a different “trim package” (I think it’s called) and so it’s just different controls… Though I highly doubt that and feel like the buttons are just broken. But since I know absolutely nothing about cars, I’m praying I’m wrong here so I can actually change this. It seems like a small thing, but as a young girl who constantly has to go places at night, it is really necessary to me. I have had people try to open my doors before so I’d like to be sure there’s not even the smallest opportunity for that.
It’s a used Chevy Malibu 2011
I thought I could add a video but apparently not so here’s what’s happening:
I press info and reset at the same time, it does absolutely nothing. It just scrolls through the normal info. If I push down on the info and back buttons it displays the settings. I can use the info button to navigate to the unlock settings, but no button changes anything and it eventually just goes back to the normal info.
I’m not sure what to do here. Any help would be appreciated.

Until you find a way to have the auto lock off just train yourself to hit the lock button when you park.

1 Like

Are you holding the info and reset buttons for the full one second and then releasing ?