Car noise

MY CAR IS MAKING A TICKING NOISE AROUND WHERE A BELT TURNS THE ENGINE. ONE MECHANIC SAID I WAS THE MOTOR MOUNTS! I AM GETTING ANOTHER OPIONIN SOON, BUT WOULD LIKE YOUR INFO ON THIS. THE BAD NEWS IS I IN LAFAYETTE I CANNOT CALL YOU LIVE BECAUSE WE GET A TAPE SHOW. I ALSO CAN RECEIVE YOUR SHOW ON THE BATON ROUGE PBS, BUT ALSO RECORDED. HELP…

First of all, turn off the caps lock key please. Secondly, Tom and Ray do not respond here. And this site is for those who want help now, rather than waiting to call in and hope that they can get through. As far as your ticking
noise goes, I assume this is the fan belt that turns the alternator and other devices, rather than the timing belt. It is very likely that one of the items being turned by the belt has a bad bearing. Also possible that you have a bad motor mount. And it is possible that both problems exist. The only way to find out is to either check it your self or have a mechanic check it out.
It also helps to tell us the year make and model of car, along with engine info, when asking for help.