Car "hesitates" before it starts; Alternator or something else?

Thanks Bing. I suspected it was a bad idea. And sorry to all if I’ve started veering off topic…
I’ll post if something similar occurs again with the new battery

I don’t understand what’s wrong with disconnecting a battery. People do it all the time to work on cars. Sure, you lose radio presets but what’s the big deal? If it were my car Id disconnect it, personally.

It is totally fine to disconnect the battery, especially in a 1990 integra, where the complexity of the electronics is minimal. I used to have a 1991 passat with a parasitic drain and I would disconnect the battery every night with no problem.

To OP: before replacing the battery, it is a good idea to do test the battery to make sure that it is the root of the problem. Do you have a multimeter?

Walmart or napa bottom tier batteries are what I was referring to.

all to often people clean the battery terminals but don t go so far as to inspect the battery cables UNDER the plastic insulation for corrosion. the individual wires in the cable have to be in good contact with each other to facilitate conductivity. the terminal connectors do not contact all the small wires individually, so they must contact each other to allow full current flow without excessive resistance. cutting back the wires and re connecting to terminal connectors often helps solve problems.

I don t know if you have a separate voltage regulator in your car or if it is part of the alternator, perhaps a faulty regulator contributes to your batt. failures.