Car doesn't start - electrical issue

Sat night, when I put the key in it was normal - when I turned the ignition, it didn’t start and the clock time reset, radio went on standby.

4yr old battery - 60k miles, 99 Acura integra Auto

I tried jumper start with two friends car - no luck.

AAA came and with difficulties had it started and told me that he battery connection need tightening and I can drive home fine as the alternator would provide voltage. THis morning, I cleaned up the battery terminals and tightened them properly but could not start it up!

One day of not use is not enough to discharge the battery right? What is going wrong?

I haven’t tried jumper start yet. Dash lights comes on - occasionally on the dim side. When I crank no much sound or doesn’t crank at all. Lat time it cranked, it started the engine (AAA).

I can drive home fine as the alternator would provide voltage…One day of not use is not enough to discharge the battery right? What is going wrong?

If we accept the diagnosis as correct then your driving home with bad battery connections did not recharge the battery during your trip home. The alternator was powering the car but due to the bad battery connections, the battery wasn’t being properly recharged.

I suggest having the battery tested. It may just need a good charge, which it WILL NOT get on a short drive, or it may be too old, which means it’s time for a new battery. When you get the car running have the charging system tested, too.

It turned out 4yr old batt (7yr warranty) is dead.

Jump start was difficult because the new cables were clipped to the metal without stripping the skin!

Batt was bought at Kragen!

Never had a Batt with such a short life!

Bought the car in 2004 with 45k, within months the Batt dead

Now at 63k is dead again, I changed it again - 18k miles on the last Batt?

Is this normal ? It is Auto, LS.

Any tips for me pls?

I don’t have a DVD player or any exta spkrs, none.

Four years is not long for a battery, but there are many factors that might have caused a short life.

High temperatures, long periods of non-use, over or under charging, neglecting to check the electrolyte level, or just a defective battery.

Batteries don’t die due to mileage, high or low. Four years on a seven year warranty is not at all uncommon. Take the proration of what’s left of your warranty and be happy.