Car handling/driving opinions

My 1970 Austin America had incredible handling - as long as I never used the brake. It was quite unnerving for a back seat passenger witout his seat belt on. I’d go around a street corner at 30 MPH and the back end would break loose. But I put 2 toes through the floor board and pulled it straight again. It was low to the ground, had the tires at the 4 corners, and was really slow. Bit it was still fun to drive - because it handled so well. You just had to know how and be fearless enough to try it. And no, I didn’t play this game if someone was in front of me. Then I might have had to brake.

Much like my SAAB two stroke used for ice racing. A tweek of the parking brake and it’s an immediate “oversteer”. But, like so many cars we used to drive, “the older we are the better they were.” My mind did a complete turn about after working with a police cruiser Crown Vic for years. One of the “safest” and most consistent handling cars ever made. No surprises when emergency maneuvers were called for. FWD, space utilization; RWD, better driving experience.