Car Alarm System is too sensitive! Need Help!

Can’t speak to Russia’s “stop rogue” sticker, but here in San Jose the police will put a large, bright, florescent warning sticker on your car’s window if they think you’ve parked for more than 72 hours in the same spot. There’s no fine as long as you move it promptly to a different parking space. But I guess they still want to inflict some punishment … lol … so they use a sticker that is very difficult to remove. Super-strong adhesive and thin , easy to tear paper. The first time I had to remove one , took nearly 30 minutes of scraping. Near the end of that experience I decided to try a little gasoline on a cloth, see if that would remove the adhesive. Eureka, wiped right off with hardly any effort. A year or so later got another of the stickers. I actually happened to be there at the time, but across the street visiting a neighbor, and we watched the police apply it to the window. After the police cruiser left I used the gasoline method to remove the sticker in like 2 minutes. Then a few minutes later the cruiser comes back around the block and the neighbor and I notice the officer has this surprised look on his face that the supposedly difficult to remove sticker is completely gone in the span of 10 minutes … lol …

I imagine carb cleaner might have worked quite well

I tried several house-hold cleaners and solvents first, without much success. I don’t think I tried carb cleaner. But I expect you are right, the carb cleaner would likely also do the trick. Do they put that sort of warning sticker on the cars that have been parked too long on residential streets in LA?

I use carb cleaner to remove adhesive residue on our fleet vehicles

But I think exterior body solvent is a little more effective, but we don’t carry any in our warehouse

I think they put chalk marks on the tire(s)

It’s never happened to me, though, so I can’t be certain

I’ve reported a few cars as “abandoned” a few times . . . it takes quite awhile for a car to be towed in a residential area

One time a guy left his extended cab long bed F-250 SuperDuty parked on the street in front of my house for about 10 days, which was legal. It clearly wasn’t abandoned. And there are no parking restrictions due to street cleaning, so he probably thought he could leave it there for a long time

What was not funny was that his truck made it very difficult to put out the trash cans on collection day

When he did eventually come get it, I said “Your truck was here for 10 days, and it made it hard for me to put out my trash cans on collection day.” He said “It’s not true” and I called him a liar

He played his games a few more times further down the street and on parallel streets

Eventually his truck was never seen again

I figure he either sold it or it got towed and he learned an expensive lesson . . . the lesson being don’t abuse the kindness of strangers

Back to the topic on hand . . .

A few years ago, a guy left his older Accord with a cheapo aftermarket alarm system parked in our street for several days.

Naturally, the alarm sounded every time there was a gust of wind or a truck drove by, night and day

When the owner came by to get it, the car wouldn’t start, because the stupid alarm had literally drained the battery

One of my neighbors came out and gave him a piece of his mind. He told him his sick wife couldn’t sleep at night because of the car alarm . . . not funny at all

Several years ago, my brother bought an old Celica with an aftermarket alarm

Predictably, it started acting up, actually leading to no-start problems

At that point, I proceeded to remove everything . . . the control module, the siren, the wiring, the relays, the fuse(s) and so forth

Problem solved

And the car never got broken into or stolen, anyways